#NebraskaStrong

It's hard for me to wrap my mind around the devastation of those around us. How close we are but yet somewhat removed from the damage is very surreal. The flood waters that have plagued the Midwest for the last week have left millions of dollars of damage, broken dreams, and heartbreak wherever they've touched.

We don't live close enough to the flood plans that we needed to be evacuated, like some family friends we know, but we are in a restricted water usage area. All but one bridge in and out of town were overcome by rushing water carrying with them debris from downed trees and items from homes and that were easily washed away.

I get choked up just thinking about it.  The drowned campers, lost homes, not to mention livestock, and pets that were lost. It's time like this where it's important to cling together. The offers from friends and family for places to come stay has been humbling. The reminder that we live in a community where the need to take care of each other is not only offered by meant. "What can I do? How can I help? If you need a place to shower, do laundry, or even stay...let me know." 

I apologize I wasn't able to get to a regular blogging schedule last week, but I did want to jump in and give you a quick hi. Let you know were okay. We're a week out from the worst of it. I am doing my part and washing laundry at families houses which are not in water restricted areas.

I do want to share a very important Go Fund Me. This is for some family friends who lost everything. It is going to take time for not only Nebraska and Iowa to recover but specifically for these two very lovely people, it's more than taking a different bridge home. They have no home.

Please consider donating to them if you can, prayers are always welcome, and feel free to share the link.

I will be back tomorrow with a more typical post that your used to from me. Despite the extra travel time and stress, I was able to stick to my goals last week!

I pray that you are well, eating your vegetables, and remembering your gratitude lists.

Blessings friends, I will post again tomorrow.
Love,
A

Comments