Thirsty Thursday! Mushroom Coffee

I have tried Four Sigmatic coffee and I do not think I can ever go back.

I'll get into that, but first...yesterday I told you I would post a picture of my rubber wrist band obsession.



The funny thing is, I don't think this is all of them! Hahahahha!! After my post yesterday I had a few good friends check on me to make sure everything was okay. I bounced back a little more quickly from the news that threatened my heart, but I was able to combat the usual lies that creep up with announcements like these. Seeing God's love in my family and friends soothed me and empowered me. 

Onto to today! This morning I tried Four Sigmatic Mushroom coffee. 


The first one I tried this morning was with lions mane & chaga. If you're like me you have NO CLUE what these two things are. Lions mane sounds courageous doesn't it? It sounds like it would keep me up all night! Lions mane is (surprise) a mushroom. According to Very Well Mind research on how it helps is very limited. However these small sample studies have been shown to help with brain function, fight depression and caner. Chaga is another type of mushroom that is used to reduce inflammation and support the immune system. 
It was smooth and velvety, not to rich either. It was a perfect sip and enjoy coffee, even on a hectic morning. 

Tomorrow I will try the one with cordyceps and chaga. 
Cordyceps are a type of mushrooms that can help increase oxgyen flow to the blood, which increases energy. The Herbs List website advised that they used the cordyceps mushroom powder while training for a marathon.(Insert me making a mental list to purchase a box come June when marathon training gets more under way.)

I also picked up Mushroom Cacao and Reishi elixir. Again...what? Well Four sigmatic promises that cacao mix, when added to hot water or dairy or your choice will help you unwind and sleep a little better. Reishi mushrooms that have some wilder health claims or rather some more far reaching health claims. Again studies are limited on it's benefits and are reduced to test-tube and animal samples so it's hard to say what the overall benefit would be. I'll keep you posted if it's delicious.
Lastly...um...what is an elixir? I had to google that one. According to the vocabulary website...it basically sounds like a sweetener to mask a terrible taste.
Four sigmatic also states that the reishi elixir will help you sleep much better. I kind of want to test it out tonight, but I've never been one to eat a lot of mushrooms...if any...I'm not sure how my body will react to that much fungus.

Overall after listening to Dr. Brooke and Sarah Fragoso I have been intrigued to try it. When I saw that it was available at my local supermarket I jumped at the opportunity to try it. I will let you how I like the other three flavors I picked out.

Tomorrow I will be back with some new PCOS nutrition and training tips.
Blessings everyone, sleep stay, stay safe and warm...the midwest has ALL the weather this week.
A

Comments