Woman Crush Wednesday: Captain Marvel

A few Fridays ago, I saw the Captain Marvel movie. If you've read my blog for any length of time, at some point you probably figured out that I have a toe dipped into the world of comics and "nerdy things". I do not have the depth or knowledge that some of friends possess but I can quote Friends episodes at a rapid speed and recall most movie plots without having to even think about it.

I can honestly say though that I did not know about Captain Marvel. Why? Welllll because I'm into different types of comics or rather lets say TV shows based off of comics. Sure I had my favorite superhero as a kid, and I leaned more DC at the time, but as an adult Marvel comics expanded onto the big screen in such a way that I couldn't but fall in love with the characters. Captain Marvel is no different. In today's post I am largely going to talk about Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel, as there have been several Captain Marvels over the years, I will focus on her.

BEFORE I PROCEED, THIS POST WILL CONTAIN SOME MOVIE SPOILERS!!! DO NOT READ AHEAD IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT!



Okay, now that you've been warned...



Captain Marvel is a woman who had her memory wiped, so to say, and was forced to live on the same planet as her captors. (Which she didn't know they were bad guys at the time.) On a mission on awry she lands back on Earth only to discover she remembers a part of her life having been lived there. Struggling with powers she doesn't quite yet know how to control, she sets out on a mission to help recover her memory and save her other wordly planet.

From the start Carol Danvers is a woman who keeps trying, no matter how hard she fails. Learning to control her powers, getting through basic training, riding a bike, crashing her bike. After everything she goes through she gets back up.


Especially when faced with fear. She has to fight back against people she thought were her friends, and defend those that need her most.


On Earth she was a fight pilot for the air force. Being a woman in what can typically thought of as male dominated industry, she learns to become the best at what she does. 

While I will never be able to shoot fire balls out of fists or save an other worldly realm from the brink of destruction, I can be my best at what I do and I can keep fighting, keeping trying until I am. 



I also can't help but think of the catch phrase for the movie...which I'm not going to lie, I don't remember them actually saying it in the movie...but I might have just missed it. 


I believe the perfect mantra for a marathon...don't you?

Alright friends, I am off for a walk/jog this late afternoon, early evening. I hope you found your own inspiration from one of my favorite characters. 
Blessings, 
A

Comments