Monday Motivation: Fitbook Review

I have started and stopped so many blog posts in the last week, I hope to publish them all at some point, mostly I've been a little lost the last week. Trying to balance out some emotions as well as my schedule. I am back at this week though!

I've got my schedule laid out for the week, and I've started asking friends and family some philosophical questions. Such as, do you feel you have one purpose or many purposes in life? Moreover though, I think I discovered what I'm really trying to ask is do you get fulfillment from your job?  While every day is not going to be a good day, is there anyone who has a job where they are blissfully happy 90% of the time?

I came across a wonderful blog post from Clarity on Fire where they ask you some questions to help get your thought process started.

* How is your work impacting others?
* How invested do you feel in your company or team's big-picture mission?
* When in your life do you feel so creative, passionate, or centered that your totally lose track of time?
* How often do you get to see or experience the results of your work?
* How much interaction do you have with your teammates, clients, customers, or end users (whatever end users means...I'm sure I could google it)
* Where in your life do you most energized, valuable, or satisfied?

By and large, my blog has and always will be about physical health, but I also want to live my best life through my faith, mental well being, introspection. I also want to encourage all of you to do the same.

The thing is life just kind of continues to happen. Sometimes there's a crazy storm of loss and grief. There's also the day to day stress. Sometimes we get lost on our path, question why something might be happening, why can't it be different. For me one of the best therapies has been physical activity. Pushing my body to run long distances, lift heavier, and stretch a little more. Today at work wasn't so great. I was so frustrated when I left today, I was also drained of energy and could barely make it through my Murph Training this evening, but the minute I was done and heading into my last half mile, the endorphins kicked in. Suddenly work didn't look as bad as I thought. I came home to clean house, turned on the coffee house music, and got to work on this post.
Albeit, I'm still a bit smelly from the gym, it's a nice spring evening. I did fall into the a junk food trap and had some potato chips, but you can't win them all and I didn't over do it...so ANOTHER WIN if you ask me.

I wrapped up my first Fitbook over the weekend. Reflecting over the last 12 weeks, I can honestly say it took me AT LEAST 6 weeks to get my poop in a group and start seeing changes in my weight.
Buckled down around week 8 with food prep and watching what I eat. Your health should always be a continuous forward project, despite the small changes. Small changes over time add up to significant changes.

I did order a NEW fit book, but I went with a different approach. It's the Grateful, Joyful, Blessed Faith + Fitness Journal. The focus is more on spending Time with God and how your fitness journey is to honor him. I like the concept as I have been wanting to get back into reading my bible more daily, but I miss the weekly over view at the end of 7 days. I liked having a workout schedule, and planning out my weekly meals all in one place.
This is journal is daily journal of tracking your water intake, you workout, and prayer requests. I'm either going to have to create my own journal OR find one that works better with the two plans. I do plan to see this one through to the end though as well. (Not sure how many days there are.)



While it was hard to push through my workout tonight, I did find it very motivating to put together my workout schedule for the next month or so. Working out, eating healthy is hard, sticking to it is hard, but what's worse is hating yourself, the way you look, the way you feel.
It doesn't matter your pant size. Yes, I struggle with this too, but I know I feel infinitely better when I've invested in myself by practicing self care. I love myself a little more every time I workout, especially when I run (although I totally get it if running's not your thing.), every time I go to bed early, pack my gym bag, or cook a healthy meal.

That's my challenge to you, is start planning your workouts and your meals. Carve out some you time.
Blessings,
A

Comments