Monday Motivation:: Small Victories and Nerd Alerts

Today I am celebrating small come back victories. The prayers for rest and healing REALLY helped this weekend. I finally reached my step count on Sunday after a solid 6 days of not reaching it and today was my first workout as well!

My doctors office called today with the results of blood test. Turns out I am a-okay. Which is fantastic news, but it still didn't explain the burning pain in my side. My best guess was a pulled muscle and some GI distress. Maybe I got a hold of some gluten and didn't realize it. You can bet, I'll be more vigilant moving forward.

A quick 20 min workout today, it was good to ease back into the the movement of strength and cardio.  My back was pretty tight and the pull ups were harder to accomplish. Only 4 sets of 5 assisted pull ups. I don't feel as fluid as I did about two weeks ago, but I'm going to take it one day at a time. Try not to over think.


I have some great things planned to keep pumped up for your workouts though this next week. With the return of Game of Thrones, I'll be posting my 6 favorite workouts for your binge watching pleasure. You know when you're not ready to let go of the show and you just gotta watch it over and over....and over. Hahah this will help you move for those long winter days that will eventually be coming back. 😉


Speaking of shows that are ending... ugh. I have a heavy heart about Supernatural ending after next season. While I'm glad they're going out on a high note, and I have plenty of seasons to watch over and over again. I've already started re-watching it from the beginning since their announcement.

This show has meant so much to me not only as someone who enjoys haunting, angels vs demons vs humans, scifi shows but as a a big fan of the actors themselves. Jared Padalecki has been more outspoken for mental health than any other actor I know. Reminding us to fight every day against the darkness that can sometimes threaten to overwhelm us.


His fight inspires me to inspire others.  He and his wife Genevieve recently ran the Boston Marathon today. She finished in an astounding 3 hours and 36 minutes. Genevieve is also an inspiration! I will have to talk about her in a later post as she deserves more than just a blurb next to her husbands achievements. They are an awesome team though. Jared came in just under an hour later.

In preparation for the final season I will be posting all kinds of fun stuff, A Sam Winchester Inspired Workout, A Hunters Guide for Nutrition and much more.
Alright friends. I will be back tomorrow.
Blessings,
A

Comments