Marathon Training Meal Plan

I am finally back to talk fooooooddddd!! Yasss!!!



I'll keep it simple tonight. First I'll lay out the recipes according to the meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack), then I'll explain how I am stacking them for training.

Let's get into it!

Breakfast: Spinach Frittata + peanut butter toast (and 2 prunes every morning.) Superhero muffins + egg whites & spinach. Butternut Squash pancakes + egg whites & spinach. I typically food preps on Sundays and then divide out portions for the week. Meaning, I get quite a few meals out of each of these recipes!

Lunch: Chicken meatballs + 1 cup of vegetables + 1 apple. Egg salad, leftovers from dinner, Whole 30 dill chicken salad, Beef Meatballs + 1 cup green vegetable + 1 apple. Same as breakfast, prep on Sundays and divide out for the week.

Dinner: Chipotle Sweet Potato Chicken poppers, Chicken Fajitas, Drumsticks, grilled salmon, burgers, Chili cornbread pie, Garlic Rosemary Chicken, and we'll definitely eat out at least twice during the week.

Most of my meals are from the Whole 30 cookbook, Danielle Walkers Eat What You Love, Danielle Walkers Against All Grain, and lastly Run Fast, Eat Slow by Shalane Flannagan and Elyse Kopecky. While a lot of these recipes are strictly from the books, what I did do was add links to similar recipes in the above meal plan. Click links above though if you are at all interested in obtaining clean, whole food, allergy-friendly food! My focus for training is minimally processed foods, tons of fruits and vegetables. As needed shot blocs and Yoli passion packets for pre-workouts or added energy.

Right now I am fueling for my runs by eating at least 30 grams of carbs for breakfast the day of and shot blocs for the caffeine. While I LOVE Yoli Passion Packets, it has just a bit of too much calcium. Which is not bad, but I cannot have calcium within 4 hours of taking my thyroid medicine. With our runs being at 5 in the morning, unless I set an alarm in the middle of my sleep for 1am, there's NO WAY I'd be able to make that work.
The night before I am treating myself to pasta, grilled chicken, with sauteed spinach and tomatoes. Carb and protein source but not really any complex carbs which can help provide a good energy source as well not cause any tummy troubles during the run.
This week I have done a lot better about eating cleaner, training is going well enough that our last two runs I've had consistent negative splits from my first mile to my last.
I still feel heavy and burdened though while out on the run. I'm hoping the shot blocs will help, as well as drinking more water, and adding in foam rolling + yoga.

I've hit 1 foam rolling session for the week!! Next foam roll is set for after Saturday's long run.
Alright, friends, I have got to get to bed...that alarm clock is gonna go off bright and early.

Oh! Before I forget. SNACKS!!! I am sticking with 3 meals per day, + 1 snack which is either before or after my workout/run.
Right now it's a vegan protein shake OR homemade protein bars using a plant-based protein powder. The link provided is for a great recipe, but I used it as an outline. I make mine by using
2 scoops Vega Coffee Protein Powder
6 tbsp almond flour
1/2 cup Barney Crunchy Almond Butter
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp milk of choice (I use almond milk)
80g Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
1/4 Cup chopped Cashews


Alright...for real....bedtime.
Blessings everyone,
A

Comments