Diet Post Part 2

Yay! Here it is! Part 2 of the Diet post.
After reviewing my last diet post I realized there isn't much else I needed to cover. Other than the nutritionist did have me order and start taking Myo-Inositol. If you have PCOS, there are a couple of websites I can recommend. I'm going to see if I can put together a page of PCOS information and the websites I like to visit most when it comes to researching PCOS.

With that said, a great article comes from PCOS Diva called De-Mystifying Myo-Inositol. It is a great read! The take away, especially for me, is that it helps with insulin resistance and acne! YAY!! I picked up the supplement today. She said to use 1 scoop a day, I can put it in water or smoothies. I put it my water this afternoon...it has a bit of a funky taste.
I purchased my supplement from Pulling down the moon here. Quality products! The PCOS diva uses a different brand name, but I believe essentially it's the Myo-Inositol you are looking for.

So what is?
"Myo-inositol is NOT a pharmaceutical drug.  It is a naturally occurring substance produced in the human body that belongs to the vitamin B complex group. Myo-inositol is one of nine different types of inositol and can be found naturally in many foods such as fruits, nuts and beans.It is a precursor to a number of  “signaling molecules” that essentially tell cells how to behave. Of the nine different types of inositol, two have insulin-sensitizing capabilities: myo-inositol and d-chiro-inositol (My focus for this article is going to be on myo-inositol.) Myo-inositol is integral to properly functioning insulin-receptors and has also been linked to the activation of serotonin (a “feel good” hormone) receptors, which could relieve depression and improve appetite, mood and anxiety (1, 2).
PCOS has been linked to a deficiency in myo-inositol.  Myo-inositol can be synthesized by the body from food, but when we are already deficient, the lack of myo-inositol can impact the ability of the body to be sensitive to insulin.  Women with PCOS are also known to have a defect in their insulin-signaling pathways which are heavily dependent upon inositol-containing substances (phosphoglycan mediators). Supplying extra myo-inositol appears to temporarily correct the malfunctioning insulin pathways and reduce the signs and symptoms of insulin resistance." From Amy at the PCOSDiva.com.

The other thing I had wanted to talk about was Whey Protein but I haven't quite started using it yet. I am trying to find a good brand. My nutritionist suggested Terra's way? I need more information before I pass it along.

Now for the 3rd thing I have been wanting to share!
A Quinoa bowl!

Here are the ingredients.
1 cup cooked quinoa
3 oz cooked chicken breast (or lean steak or fish)
1/4 avocado
2 Tbsp of hummus of your choice
1/2 cup of black beans
1/2 cup of steamed veggies

This is quite a filling meal! I have been eating for lunch for at least 4 days. I got the steam in the bag quinoa with olive oil, and then I grilled the chicken on my George Foreman in a spicy seasonings.



It is a lot like the Chiptole Bowl I've talked about it.

I talked a little to my sister in law/personal trainer about getting a workout plan put together for me. I'm so excited, I can't to do this!
She's very professional & encouraging but she said so far that she thinks my plan will consist of increasing muscle endurance and joint stability. A lot of my workouts will consist of balance training, abs, and stability resistance training.
It all sounds so exciting! I will keep you posted on this plan as well. We won't be able to chat until Friday night so, I will have to wait unfortunately to update you on the final say until next week.

I just hope that you keep pushing. That you keep going until you find something that works best for you and your body!
Remember it's not a journey of beauty but a journey of health. What are your ultimate health goals? To run around the block once? To play with your kids outside for an hour without being winded? To bench press 250lbs? Health goals!

You are beautiful, inside and out. I know that and I don't even have to look at you or measure the circumference of your thighs to know that you are beautiful.





Comments