Happy Thursday

I think I flip flopped my days on accident. Normally on Thursdays I post a new recipe but I posted a new one yesterday (And boy were those protein balls REALLY good!) and today, well I have no fancy recipes to share.

Here's my weeks menu though.
Officially tomorrow, I will have time to attempt the cauliflower pizza crust so wish me luck!
Simple stuff that I will be able to throw together quick and easy. I started adding fish once a week, because I'm told it's good for you, ha! LOL! The universal "they" say it's good, but...generally I like fish & when I can get it at a discount I'm gonna do it!
I'm excited to try the quinoa taco bowl I discovered on pinterest. I'll have to modify it to fit my diet of course, but I am hoping to share those two new recipes with you next week, as well the energy oat bites I also discovered, & have yet to make.

It's really all about building confidence in the kitchen. Trying new things and having the ability to make mistakes and being okay with it. I think people fear, well if it tastes bad then what do I have to eat?
Well, breakfast is usually a great back up! You can't go wrong with eggs, toast, and maybe some bacon. Plus you can add SO MUCH to eggs. Don't be afraid to mess up. Breakfast is always a good go to.

And a secret I learned to cooking & trying new recipes, try it as you go! Don't wait till the end to try the ultimate thing, sample little bites as you go. That way you know if you want to add more or less seasoning or herbs.

Changing your diet is THE HARDEST part about trying to get healthy. Because trust me, you don't have to run to be healthy. But you DO have to eat CLEAN to look LEAN!

Try swapping one or two meals a week of something cleaner & leaner, like a salad or fish. But keep adding more until the good out weighs the bad. I jumped in head first a year ago to switching out my diet and BOY did I get SO overwhelmed. I remember crying at a friends house one night after bible study just trying to grasp at where to go. She gave a vegetarian cook book & just listened to me cry. Sometimes you just need to get the frustration out. The important thing is to never give up!


Alright, I am to work everyone. Have a great day! Don't be afraid to comment for questions about any of the meals I have planned for this next week. I'll do my best to post them over the coming days.

Blessings everyone,
A

Comments