Protein Bites!

Normally on Wednesday I have this epic monologue of greatness that encourages you to follow your health and fitness goals, but life has been a bit packed lately & the best thing I could do to encourage all of you, is too keep logging into MyFitnessPal app & create this awesome pre & post workout snack!

Ingredients:
1/3 cup of peanut butter (Or almond butter for better protein)
1/4 cup of honey
3 tbsp of flaxseed
3 tbsp of mini enjoy life chocolate chips (gluten, dairy, soy-free)

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and use a tablespoon to scoop about approximately 10 bite size balls. Refrigerate after you have portioned them out. 


I had one before I went for a 3miler today and one after. For breakfast I had two fried eggs in coconut oil (They were only OK with the coconut oil. Egg whites with coconut oil taste great! But for some reason with the yolk...not as tasty). With an apple and peanut butter.

I was starving after my run (as I usually am) I had another protein packed ball. Not only are these things ALL allowed on my diet they were SUPER YUMMY! It was so hard to stay out of them!

According to Webmd "your muscles rely on carbohydrates breads, cereals, pasta, rice, fruits, vegetables for quick energy. You need protein for your muscles and for your blood cells, which bring oxygen and nutrients to your muscles."
The chocolate and honey provide quick energy for a boost. Flax seed for fiber. Almond butter for protein.
I swear it's a delicious snack. Try them! They are great!

Alright everybody, it's 9pm and we still gotta run to the store for the sales! LOL! (Grocery shopping for me and the mister.) Wish us luck and send him thoughts to NOT put EXTRA stuff in the cart!

Blessings,
A

Comments