Confidence & Salads are friends

My postings have been sporadic this week! Between the Holiday, work, training for the sprint triathlon, and our house guest...It's crazy. More than anything, I bet you've had a crazy week too.
There are two things I really wanted to talk about this past week but since I wasn't able to sit down and type until now, I am going to do a mashup of a Wordy Wednesday and a New recipe.

First and foremost what I want to talk about is Confidence. Earlier this week I had a friend tell me that she was hanging out at the pool and she noticed how a lot of these women she was with were wearing bikini's. How they didn't have these perfect bodies. She noticed that they had the a-typical body style for a bikini, but that they were, in fact, happy in the suits they had on.
Next thing I know I get this text message from her. It's a side view picture of her in a bikini she had just purchased with a caption that read, "Screw you and your idea of a perfect body". Let me tell you, she looked amazing. Great color choice for her skin tone and the most important thing. She was rockin' what her mama gave her. She is not a size 2 or a size 16 (okay she's somewhere in between, but the SIZE DOESN'T MATTER) she doesn't have a flat belly & her thighs touch, but I am telling you, she looked amazing.

The difference between someone loving themselves and hating themselves is confidence. The difference between a woman who takes pride in herself and someone who is still can't stand the way she looks is confidence. You have to start loving your body.

You do that by respecting it. Waking up every morning and saying to yourself, I love me. I love my perfect imperfections. They make me exactly who I am.





Do you see how GREAT all of these women look?

It's because they are confident with the way they look. They love themselves SO much, they don't care if they have a small chest, undefined abs, curvy hips and legs....These women are just enjoying the water and the sunshine.

The best thing you can do for yourself this summer is begin to love yourself. All of these women are beautiful. Just like you.
What ways can you respect your body?

I, begrudgingly, respect my body by sticking to a crazy "PCOS friendly" (sometimes annoyingly regimented) diet. (Okay so I am in a bit of a bad mood. It's slightly getting better)
Part of this diet is watching my carb count. I've mentioned this COUNTLESS times on this blog. BAD CARBS, GOOD CARBS, NET CARBS! (Sometimes I just want a freaking potato chip without worrying about how it will throw my ENTIRE system out of whack. I can hope for that someday, right?)

With that soap box rant out of the way, I'm 80% sure I've found my perfect net carb count. I mentioned earlier this week about sticking around 120-140 net carbs. With the summer weather, salads have been helping me stick this goal range. I've created some pretty awesome ones this last week that have been really helpful to my overall goal.

Without further ado, here is today's awesome salad creation.
I had it for dinner the other night! It was amazing. It was a chicken taco salad.

4oz of chicken breast seasoned with cumin, paprika, pinch of salt, ground black pepper, minced garlic, and olive oil.
3 red lettuce leafs, washed, rinsed and chopped.
About a 1/4 a cup of black beans.
1/2 a cup of sliced green, red, yellow, peppers + white onion. Sauteed in Olive oil. (I also chopped, took out the membranes & the seeds a jalapeno pepper. For a bit of a kick!)
A 1/4 of an avocado
and 3 tbsp of mild salsa

Nutritional Info: Calories: 422  Protein: 56  Fat: 12  NET Carbs: 12.7 (Total carb grams, minus fiber grams)

I respect myself by not dumping garbage into my system. A system that's already a little off. I respect myself by not talking crazy talk about myself. My thighs (depending on who you ask) still touch. My arms are super veiny because of my GREAT circulation (from running::happy face::) My hair is frizzy & oily. It does have amazing color though thanks to my hair stylist friend!
My face is oily (but it's really clearing up! Did I mention my esthetician (who was the bikini clad babe earlier this week) didn't realize I wasn't wearing makeup on Tuesday? Talk about a confidence boost!! Things like this really help me stick to my diet. I know what a good diet can do to. It's just sometimes incredibly hard to have my diet in a world that goes with the grain, instead of against...get  it? LOL! (Because I can't have a lot of grains...I crack myself up sometimes)

Be you. Let your thigh touching, oily/dry/curly/flat hair, funky toed, flabby/toned abs, bad/good posture, freak flag fly!! BE YOU!!! Don't be anyone else. LOVE YOU! Enjoy YOU! Respect YOU!!

Practice hourly, and daily until you realize, you are infinitely worth more than you give yourself credit for. I promise. God promises!






Bikini Photos: 
summer isn't just for size zero's: RunliveLoveYourself bikini leopard print: plus size swimsuits baby center
Miranda Kerr, beach girl, minds musings 
jeep girl, entre sesus tumblr

Comments