Short and Sweet

Today's post is going to be short and sweet. There's no denying that I have fallen off the band wagon of my diet this last week.
The last two days were much better though. I've been drinking a lot of water & making sure I get my vegetables in. Tonight, I got home a bit late because it's one of my late night's at work & I had to stop at the store and pick up dog food.
I was going to need a quick and easy dinner!
I haven't had PASTA in forever..but knowing that I had enough gluten for a long while...I thought better of making some...well, and I distinctly my hubs telling me that he is OVER having pasta about 2 years into our marriage. LOL! Oh the days!
Luckily, I remembered that I had a head of cauliflower in the fridge that needed to be used! 
Why not make Cauliflower Rice, grill up the chicken tenders, slap on some spaghetti sauce, and then top it with broccoli?

It was quick and SUPER easy.
You can use the link above to cook the cauliflower rice...the picture didn't show up in the that post for some reason but not to worry, it's a super easy to follow recipe, and it comes out great.
While I Was boiling the cauliflower and sauteing it in the olive oil, I turned on my George foreman and grilled seasoned oiled chicken tenders. I seasoned my chicken(1lb) in olive oil with parsley(1tsp), black pepper(1tsp), crushed garlic(1tsp), bay leaves(1tsp), and basil.(1tsp) (I through all of the ingredients in a bowl and just mixed it together.) Then grilled the seasoned chicken.
I heated up store bought tomato sauce, popped birdseye steamables broccoli in the microwave (only .98cents at No Frills this week) in the microwave.
The cauliflower rice took a bit longer but in total this was made in probably in about 15mins from beginning to end.

I put the cauliflower rice on the plate, topped with chicken, then sauce, then broccoli, and totally enjoyed the mock Italian dinner. It was delicious...but the reason I am posting this tonight is because I snuck the cauliflower rice into my husbands dinner...

No Joke. He's eating right now and has NO IDEA! LOL!! I did put cheese on his plate, but he is eating ALL OF IT!

I don't know if you are like me and you have trouble getting other people in your household to eat vegetables, but I know for a fact the only greens my husband eats are the one I feed him at night. I can't tell you how many times I have had to tell him that eating fried broccoli and carrots in Chinese food does not count as a vegetable! (I just looked he ate the entire plate, SUCCESS!)

Okay, unfortunately it's getting late and I am QUICKLY losing concentration. So enjoy, try the recipe, if my giant (as in taller than me) picky eater will eat (AND LICK HIS FORK) will eat it, then I promise you, you should make it in your household, or at the very least, try it for you.

Alright everyone, I'm off to do my nightly bedtime routine.
Wash my face, brush my teeth, make some tea, AND probably pin on pinterest for more hidden vegetable recipes :)

Blessings,
A

Comments