A Sun/Mon Post

What. A. Morning.

I was totally and utterly undecided on whether or not I was going to run with the running group this morning. I even got so far as to wake up, put my running gear on and feed the dog. Sat on the couch and thought "I just can't do it." The alarm went off at 6am. My smoothie was made, my bags were packed, I theoretically should have been ready to just go. I probably should have, I might have made better time, but I just couldn't make myself do it.
I climbed back in bed, with all of my gear on, and passed out, I woke up at 8am to realize I never took my thyroid medicine. So, now I had to wait another hour before I could eat, which meant waiting longer to get out to run.

 I got as far as putting one shoe on before my 2nd attempt at a run. I finally put it on after breakfast

The half of this story is, I've spent the last two days telling myself "It's okay if I eat this, I'm running 9 miles on Sunday" This is a terrible trick your mind plays on you. Yes, you have to eat to sustain what your body is losing. Yes, you need to have fuel for your body to make these long runs, but what you don't need to do, which I did, was eat...everything!

I am 2lbs outside of my goal range, and as most of us know for women that's harder to lose, than most men. If my husband even thinks about losing 2lbs he'll lose 4lbs. It's just the way the world works.

I did get up though. I did fight on to get those 9 miles done. It was my first ever 9 miles. Every Sunday from here on out (aside from the one or two leading up to the half) will be the farthest I've ever run.I notice I get antsy on Saturday nights because I realized I will be running further, and further, and further.

This was suppose to be Sunday's post. Between the run and heading out for the rib off I wasn't able to finish the post. I will say that I didn't go on to behave myself either yesterday. Had quite a few too many King Arthur Gluten Free Cookies.
My quinoa salad turned out GREAT! However, not everyone enjoyed THAT much of a "health" kick. The roasted rosemary carrots went over very well! Didn't have to bring any home. The Paleo BBQ Shredded Chicken, was pretty good. I didn't share though! Lol. I didn't want to be judged on a recipe that I had never made before yesterday. It was good, but I think next time I will only do half of the apple cider vinegar, it really over powered the sauce. Otherwise I will absolutely be making this recipe again. Sadly I didn't get a picture of any of it though :(

I wish I could say I did better today but I have been running my tail off since 8am this morning. Missed my run today, again, and finished up some left overs from Saturday night.
I have been a poor example of keeping up with good health. Ugh!

I learned my lesson though. I have started over again with tonight's dinner, low carb burger for me!! No dessert, for...at least...awhile. At least until I get back into my goal range & stop the carb creep!

One thing I did right Saturday though was I created a Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free Cesar Salad Dressing. I found it in 1,000 Gluten-Free Recipes by Carol Fenster, Ph. D. (You've got to purchase this book if you want ANYTHING gluten free, the ideas are endless)

I took left over Paleo Chicken Tenders shredded them and put them over romaine lettuce then poured over this AMAZING salad dressing I found in Carol Fenster's Book. I topped my salad with the vegan cheese I've been talking about.

2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp cider vinegar
1 tsp dried mustard
1 tsp gluten-free Worcestershire, I used Lea and Perrins (Gluten Free of course)
(She suggested adding anchovy paste if that's your thing. 1 tsp. I skipped it.)

Poured it over the mixed up chicken, vegan cheese, and romaine lettuce and enjoyed!!! D-E-LIC-TABLE!

I also had baby carrots for a bit of a crunch, and then fresh cherries with chocolate almond. It was the best lunch I've had in a very long time.

I'm not sure if I have hit a wall with training or why I can't push past eating everything. Has anyone else gotten to this point with training? Did I not give myself enough of a break between events?
It's possible it's stress eating disguised by training...either way...I know I need to kick into gear...


I know it's about just getting up and doing it. It's about getting after it and doing it anyway. I feel better when I train, when I eat right...this is not at all what I thought a wall looked like, so that's why it's possible it's stress.

Sigh....hope you are having much better training or exercising regime than myself!
Blessings everyone, I think a full night's rest will do this body right...oh and the massage I had earlier

A



Comments