Strength Training Saturday

 Last Saturday I did a bit of what I dubbed as a "Mini Murph" I ran half a mile for a warm up and cool down. Then I did 25 assisted pull ups on the machine, 100 push ups, (I was sore for at least 4 days after this workout!) and 100 air squats. I also included 100 ab exercises. (Pictured below) and about 24 leg raises. Quite the workout. Not recommended for beginners.

 (Shape)
I did a cycle of 5 assisted pull ups followed by 10 push ups and 10 air squats, until I completed 10 rounds of each.

(These two images from Refinery29)

I decided to keep being crazy and do some of these moves as well....


(Leg Raise Machine, Why does she look happy? Rest assured, I did not look this happy)

A few regular sit ups
(I Only did about 20-40...two hundred sit ups)

A few Squirms, otherwise known as alternating heel touch
(This site looks like it has a great AB workout. track.ahsdistance.org)

The reverse crunch from Women's Health

I also did a few of these....
(This gal has a neat blog, go check it out! Life Changers Boot Camp)

I did enough of those AB exercise to total about 100-150 "crunches". I was soooo sore & it made for a difficult run last Sunday morning. I've decided to do about half of this routine going forward, but overall it is great for building and toning muscle.

I also stumbled across this gem from Runners world. I might try and incorporate some of these moves next week!



And this one from nutbutterrunner.com 



Here's last night's date dessert! It's a total cheat but so, so worth it!!!

Ingredients:
1 cup chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream
1/3 cup of gluten free oats
2 tsp palm coconut sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp of earth balance spread


Combine everything, EXCEPT THE ICE CREAM, in a bowl and pop in microwave for 30-45 seconds. 
Scoop Ice Cream into a bowl, spoon mixture over ice cream & enjoy! 
Ta-da!



Hope you enjoy everyone! Have a great weekend, I'll post again tomorrow!
Blessings, 
A

Comments