Cranberry Chia Smoothie

This is one I've made up all on my own! (From me own noggin'.)
I needed some unrinary tract love today, so I doubled down on the cranberry supplement but nothing is better than straight fresh from the farm store bought cranberries. With Thanksgiving only 2 weeks...3 weeks?...away the stores are packed with all things cranberry. 

I headed up to the store and in search of the best smoothie recipe I could find. I however couldn't find what I was looking for and everything required 15 MORE ingredients then I already had...okay so they really only called for like 5 ingredients that I don't have stocked in my kitchen. 

I grabbed the almond milk, the cranberries, the eggs(I needed eggs for breakfast) and headed home still in search of a great smoothie recipe. I wanted to incorporate the one ginger root I bought at the store last week as well as some of chia seeds but what??

So, I hatched an idea and the results...totally worth it.

1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
2 slices of thinly sliced ginger 
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 cup fresh (or frozen) cranberries
1 tsp cinnamon
1 scoop SunWarrior Chocolate Vegan Protein Powder
2 tsp honey (you could probably take or leave the honey, but dealers choice on this one...the nutritional info does include it with the honey though)
1/2 cup spinach

I won't go through all of the details of what makes the smoothie, probably one of the most superb smoothies I've ever made, but just know it's chalk full of healthy goodness...like 11 proven benefits of chia seeds, ginger helps with tummy trouble and is anti-inflammatory, almond milk is heart healthy and oddly doesn't require refrigeration, cranberries are anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant...need I say more? Spinach is half full of iron...the list of health benefits of this smoothie goes on. 


It does look kind of terrible and it has a bit of a gritty texture, but it was the perfect fall smoothie. I was nervous about the ginger and the cranberries, and the chocolate protein powder, wasn't terribly sure what kind of flavor it was going to kick out.

My tip would be to slice the ginger really thin as it was pretty over powering for me, good, but I could really taste it. If you can't cut a thin slice, one small chunk will do. 

(I am attempting photo art...sort of got it...maybe.)

It makes about 2 servings. 
Nutriontional Info: Fat: 4g, NET Carbs: 12g, Sugars: 11g, Protein: 11g.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Blessings everyone, 
A


Comments