Chia Protein Ball Recipe

I keep trying to find ways to add more protein to my diet. The best way I can do that is through supplementing with protein powder. With my blender being officially out of commission I am trying to find more creative ways to sneak in that protein powder.

I really enjoy Health Warrior Chia Protein Bars. Great for runners or anyone who is looking for a quick, healthy protein bite. 
Chia seeds have many benefits, such as being high in fiber and protein, and much more, which I won't touch on here, but you can read a great article over at WebMd on why they are great for you, especially if you are a high endurance athlete...or really just looking to make healthier choices.

While I REALLY love the Chia protein bars, I didn't feel the need to brave the cold weather and drive over two towns to get some of these awesome little bars. Last night I decided to throw some together of my own, for a quick healthy snack for my jam packed day today.

All you need are your hands (or a spoon, if you prefer not to get messy) and a bowl. Also a plate would help.
Next combine all ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly combined. (A lot of these ingredients were also in my cabinet from the cookies I made yesterday, it's always fun to keep using the same ingredients in different recipes. Makes me feel like I'm saving money)

3/4cup nut butter
1/3 cup dried cherries
1.5 tsp enjoy life chocolate chips
1/2 tsp honey
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 scoop protein powder

Combine. I balled mine up and placed them on a plate in the fridge, uncovered, over night to harden a little.

They were still a bit gooey today but they are on m snack list for today & waiting to be consumed.
This is quite a bit of peanut butter, so you can probably reduce down to 1/2 cup and everything will work out fine.

Mine are kind of falling apart a little...but still good.

Myfitnesspal nutritional info:: (some info will vary depending on the kind of cherries/protein powder you use etc.) 1g Sat Fat, 5g potassium, 6g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g sugar, 4g protein. Vit A 2%, Calcium 1%, Iron 2%

Alright everyone...so beings my busy day.
Blessings,
A

Comments