Low Carb Chicken Rosemary Bake

I've been doing a lot of recipes lately, mostly because it's easy & quick to post something fast about a recipe I've been using. And because 70% of your abs...are made in the kitchen. My weight loss journey for instance was working for me, but just barely, until I really talked to my doctor about it. After starting a low carb diet that's when things REALLY changed. I dropped weight quick. Not only at this point, have I been able to keep it off, I've been able to maintain this lifestyle. That's usually the toughest part.

Tonight's recipe is SUPER easy. It was inspired by the 'Oh So Yummy Chicken Bake'

After the Bronco's lost last night (wah wah wahhhhh) I didn't really feel like cooking. I'm a die hard and I may or may not have been in a funk over it, haha...either way...this dinner paired nicely with a Pear Ale. haha! (paired...pear...no? Anyway...) Just one Ale as it does contain sugar...and of course carbs.

Again, I say, this was super easy. First, turn oven on to 400 degrees. I started with 2 chicken breasts, 3 sweet potatoes (which I ended up being to lazy peel, so that's why it MAGICALLY became low carb because...I just didn't add the potatoes...too lazy!) 1 bag frozen mixed bell peppers and onions, 3 cloves of garlic, 1/2cup chicken broth, 1 tbsp of olive oil (which is what I used to coat the baking dish) then seasoned with onion seasoning, black pepper, rosemary, and basil to taste. You can add as much or as little of the seasonings as you like, a good rule of thumb is to start with a teaspoon and work your way up from there if you like more.





I brushed the olive oil onto the baking dish. Dumped the 2 bags of vegetables into the dish, sliced the chicken, topped with seasonings then baked for 45mins. (Stirring every 15minutes).

Viola! Dinner!

 (Okay, not the greatest looking picture of dinner, but I'm here to tell you it was really good)

Oh, I also found a recipe for bone broth...basically what I did was pick out the chicken bones from the whole crock pot chicken we had the other night, with the left over broth in a bowl. I froze the left over chicken in an ice cream tub then set the bones back in the crock pot to simmer on low over night. This recipe says 24hrs...so I may leave it in there a bit longer. The recipe also calls for adding a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to draw the minerals out of the bones as well as use bay leaves for seasoning. But hold off until the end to add the salt & pepper. Since I was using some left over broth from Saturday's whole crockpot chicken, I skipped on the salt and pepper. I found the recipe at OHlardy

Tomorrow, I will be posting of my aunt's part one of her health journey & oh boy is it an interesting one! I can't wait to help her tell her story!

Hope you have enjoyed the recipes the last couple days, I will try to keep them coming.
Blessings,
A

Comments