Meal Plan Thursday --Combining two worlds

We have a few changes happening in our household. Hubs went to the doctor for a regular checkup and his cholesterol is high!! Making a few drastic changes to the menu plan...okay well they're drastic for him anyway, lol. Gone are the days of regular eggs, hello egg whites only. Hello low sodium diet. While I am still muddling through the ins and outs of a heart healthy diet I have devised a plan to FINALLY get the Mister to stop eating so much processed foods.

Processed foods are fine in moderation but he eats a TON of it.

So I now have a breakdown of two menu plans...most of them will be the same but some will differ to help with my low carb/heavy paleo lifestyle with his whole grain/low sodium lifestyle.

Breakfast will consist of eating up the rest of the pancakes from last night, with blueberry sauce and egg whites. Pumpkin Bread, because I can't seem to get enough of it, and egg whites. Summer Eggs, will be using some dried herbs though instead of fresh--watching the budget as well.

For the man, I am going to attempt to get him to drink strawberry smoothies with a vegan protein powder...we'll see how this works out. He's turned off by the idea of protein powder...so I may end with a bunch of smoothies myself...but we'll see. Also egg whites and I did pick him up some cheerios. As well as going to make him egg white sandwich's on whole wheat bread.

Meal #2/Snack-- Smoothies for me. Pumpkin seeds (low sodium) and dried fruit for him. Homemade! Hubs got a dehydrator over Christmas...he's been using it like crazy lately.

Meal #3/Lunch-- Turkey Meatballs w/ Marinara Sauce (I will post the recipe for this later this week, hopefully tomorrow.) broccoli with mine and brown rice with his. x2
Szechuan Chicken Stir Fry -- I'll make mine with coconut aminos and his with low sodium soy sauce. It will be the last ingredient I add, that way I can separate them without using two different pans. Okay, it's the basis of the recipe I'll use but I'll be changing it up quite a bit to fit it into the paleo plan. Basically just sans the cornstarch. x2
Southwest Slow Cooker Chicken x2
Detox Soup with Chicken x2

Meal #4/Or Snack #2-- Pumpkin Seeds and Zucchini chips for me. Nuts and dried fruit for the man

Meal #5/Dinner (or Supper depending on where you live/how old you are) --
Black Bean and Corn Burger my tiny attempt at being vegan
Almond Crusted Chicken Strips
Italian Orozo Spinach Soup-- will make with brown rice instead...so deviating from paleo in this recipe.
Stuffed Peppers (with turkey and brown rice and other seasonings)
Cilantro Lime Shrimp with brown rice for him and roasted vegetables for me
Skinny Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini noodles for me and brown rice noodles for him (He's going to hate brown rice soon isn't he?)
Chicken Paprikash --skip the wine and the sour cream in this recipe
And one cheat meal on Valentines day from...somewhere...might be red lobster but we might also see where the wind takes us that night. One things for sure...It's take out, because the Walking Dead comes back on Sunday!!!


Enjoy! I know I can't wait to eat some of these meals!
Blessings,
A

Comments