Monday Motivators Week 7

This Monday isn't off to a great start. I got a bit sidetracked with some cleaning...and then taking silly pictures of my cleaning that I'm just now sitting down to dinner. I had a handful of potato chips. Not the world's best before dinner snack.

Currently my laptop is also broken so I have to go about setting up our ancient computer to put a post together.

OH life.

But I did manage to get 3 days worth of lunches put together. Some protein pumpkin bread made, and the laundry and dishes started...all good things.

Yesterday I ran my first 5k of the year...that's so hard to believe...why did I wait so long to race? I had a good time with my parents. It was the 3rd annual walk for love for the Shriner's Hospital. My dad having set up the event and then having torn it down, walked the 3 miles. He's happy did because his health and recently taken a back seat to the chaos of his schedule and finishing school, for the third time.
He's a bit of an overachiever. We're all proud. He got his master's degree!!!                                      

That's me coming across the finish line. Not my best timing per mile ever, BUT my best timing for the year. I got inched out by a youth. I wasn't sure I wasn't I was going to be able to finish strong but then my jam came on and I started to sprint.
Well the youth realized I was gaining on him and also started to sprint...he won. But about an inch...maybe less than ;)


Incredibly hard to believe my last race was in September...8 months!! 8 months since my last race...that just doesn't seem right.

Well here's to getting back at it. No more chips, but time to start on my tilapia. AKA dinner.
I'll be back this week I promise. I need to get back to posting on the weekends as well.

I hope you all are well. Thank you for stopping by to hang with me tonight and talk about how good it feels to be back in the saddle :)



Blessings,
A

Comments