Meal Planning Thursday

It's been a long time since I've posted a weekly menu. Today is the day I bring it back!! I'll include links to most recipes, but it's mostly a guideline for staying on track with my goals.

Breakfast - For me: Either hard boiled eggs (anywhere between 3-5 if I'm going to the gym.) + a carb, Pumpkin Bread with Optional Chocolate Chips , this is easily one of my FAVORITE breakfast breads. Udi's gluten free millet and chia bread (2 slices), with 1 tablespoon of soy free/dairy free earth balance

Typically when I work out I get hungry right after. If I do I need a light snack between breakfast and lunch, right now it's just a piece of fruit with 2 tablespoons of almond butter. Nothing fancy, but the fat from the almond butter kind of carbs the appetite a little and the fruit is just a bonus.

 Lunch:
Sweet & Spicey Meatballs....these are tough...because I sort of dumped it all together and made it...plus I based it off of another idea came across on pinterest.
Here it is in it's entirety. I gotta tell you though...It turned out REALLY GOOD. Savory, small kick, and the sweet was NOT over powering.

Ingredients Meatballs:
1.5 pounds of ground beef
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
2 tsp of either fresh or ground ginger. (We all know fresh is better, but also we all have goals, so don't beat yourself up if you're like me and use the stuff from the seasoning aisle.)
2 eggs
(salt and pepper to liking)

Ingredients Sauce:
1- 14oz can of whole cranberry sauce
1/8 cup molasses
2 tbsp of tomato paste
2 tbsp of coconut aminos
2 tbsp coconut palm sugar
2 tbsp Franks' Hot Sauce
1 tsp garlic powder

Instructions:
Turn oven onto bake at 400 degrees.
Put all these ingredients together in a large bowl and combine together using hands. I used a medium size scoop from pamper chef to make my meatballs but feel free to make them as big or as little as you would like. Keeping mind this will effect the cooking time.
Mine were about the size of a golf ball, maybe a little smaller. Place the meatballs on a pan about 1 inch apart.
Place pans in oven for about 5-10mins, until meatballs are browned on the outside and no longer pink in the middle.
While meatballs are browning combine the sauce ingredients in a medium size bowl. Whisk until well blended.
Once meat is done pour sauce on top place back in over for 3-5 mins.

Viola. The prep is a lot but so worth it.

I was inspired by this recipe over at Carl's Bad Cravings.
For me this recipe broke down into about 5-6 servings.

Other lunch recipes: Hamburger Soup, Salsa Chicken, Mexi Meatloaf, Pizza!

Dinner: Potato & Ham Soup (I add the pre-cooked ham) Oven broiled steak, Beef Stew, Shrimp Egg roll in a bowl (there's ton of recipes out there, but I use the one in the link the most and saute in some shrimp as well), drumsticks, chicken parmesan.

Usually between dinner and lunch I'll have pumpkin seeds or a protein shake. Still eating pretty consistently throughout the day, the toughest part right now is when I get home though. As soon as I get home from work--I'm ravenous! I have to have constant conversations with myself about being healthier, making smarter choices.
I hate that I have to talk to myself about my choices. Don't you just wish it would come easy? We could all naturally eat healthy. Such is life I guess. As long as I continue to make strides for the better, I suppose I'll keep talking to myself.



Alright, I'm off to bed.
Blessings Everyone,
A

Comments