Mid-Week Check In

Busy couple of days, a trip to the farm, then a massive allergy attack that led to a fever. My body has been trying to fight off a sinus infection for about two days now. I had a great time out at the farm but driving through all that grass and ditch weed, really stirred the pollen up. Kicked my allergies into overdrive...I could barely get out of bed yesterday. 

I'm not wholly complaining though...even in my 30s sometimes its nice to have a reason to take a sick day and be completely comatose for a whole 24 hours. Although...I would much rather work than be sick, but between napping and breathing out of one nostril, then the other, I did get some rest. I'm already feeling a bit better today. 

I had two great runs this weekend. 4.5 miles on Saturday and 2 miles on Sunday. My 4.5 would have been faster than my previous 4.5 but I asked the family to tag along on the last mile, my time stamp put me at 2 minutes more than my previous run...even with walking most of it with my family. It felt great too! I can tell my body is getting used to the miles again. 



Part of me does feel like I am trudging through mud, but hopefully I can push past the mental wall that has me regretting signing up for so many miles.

While I'm recovering though I did want to say later this week/weekend I am going to post about organic farming. It's pretty interesting, I'm still learning quite a bit about it, but I'll have some good information to share later.

I've also gone back to a VERY heavy Paleo diet. It helps reduce the inflammation in my body...which can make my allergies worse if I don't stay on top of it. I had a few bites of something I forget made me sick the last time I ate it. Sunday night I rolled over to lay on my tummy and I felt needles stabbing me all along my lower intestine...I won't be making that mistake again.


All of this to say, be prepared for some interesting  recipes. Tonight I had beef tips with broccoli. It was delicious! For lunch I had homemade chicken soup which consisted of bone broth, green beans, and fire roasted tomatoes...and chicken. I need to work on some breakfast bread for my mornings but until I get some time to make some muffins I'll be using RX bars for my carbs/starch

Lastly, September is PCOS awareness month and I've had a LOT of women asking me about my top tips for controlling my PCOS symptoms. I will share those in a blog post later as well as some more fertility Friday posts.

Basically tonight, I'm here to say hi! Thank you for being a reader and I'll talk to you again soon!
Blessings,
A

Comments