Motivation Monday:: PCOS Supplements

I have been looking into starting a new supplement called CoQ10, otherwise known as Coenzyme Q10, may help with energy levels, heart health, and plays a role in a healthy reproductive system.

According to PCOSDiva.com the top 3 reasons women with PCOS need this supplement is for helping improve glucose metabolism, insulin resistance, and lower the bad cholesterol levels. It helps with Eqq Quality and lastly it improves ovulation. I was considering taking it until a good friend recommended the Period Repair Manuel: Natural Treatment for Better Hormones and Better Periods by Lara Briden. I definitely need some help with that!

I'm tired of throwing darts at board trying to figure out what's going to stick, what's going to work, what's going to keep this system of a delicate flower on track. That's why I'm very excited to start reading this book! My friend has stated that it breaks down every symptom you may have and that the author, Lara, includes how to treat each symptom with different protocols. Helping you find the best method that works for you. Right now I can confidently say it is a book for ALL WOMEN , not just those with PCOS.

I can't tell you how many times my husband makes fun of me for all of the supplements I take. A little less than I used, but more than your average person I would say. Since starting this blog I have gone through many changes just in my supplement taking.
I started out with all of these. Moved onto to these.
And now...I'm here...

I have my general medication such as one for thyroid, one for low serotonin, one for insulin resistance, but I also like the idea of adding my body in whatever way I can.
First and foremost, I would like to say though that no supplement is going to REPLACE a bad diet. Supplements are made for just that, to supplement or "aide"/be in conjunction with.

At lunch I take 2 Myo-Inositol, 1 D-Chirco-Inositol, 1 prenatal vitamin, 1 vitamin D, 1 vitamin B-Complex.


At night 1 Fish oil and 1 vitamin D (I'm looking into see how much calcium I need daily-but I will be adding calcium to this list soon. (Vitamin D helps the calcium adsorb, I heard once it helps you sleep better? Full disclosure:  I'm not a doctor--as you might have noticed and I haven't done the research on it. My mom told me once, so I believed her. She's a nurse.)
I also use 1 drop of Endoflex by Young Living. I had to stop using the progessence but I was having mood swings and period issues. 

While I've discovered what has and hasn't worked for my body, I really want a plan I feel good about and can stick too. I also want to know that the supplements I'm taking are good for me and are going to work.
By accident I stumbled across the website called lab door. It is an independent company that test a vast array of supplements and find the best ones according to label accuracy, nutritional value, ingredient safety, and the projected efficacy. Lab door purchases vitamins and supplements from stores to test and discover what are the best products out on the shelves. I based my recent supplement purchase off of their recommendations. I haven't found all of my supplements on this website, but I know they are expanding and finding new products to test regularly.

My book should be arriving in the mail today, I will keep you posted on what I think of it. Heading into week 3 of transformed program has had a rocky start. I crashed and burned my diet between...well...starting Thursday night and it went downhill from there. My goal this week--

DO. NOT. LET. THE. WEEKEND. RUIN. MY. WEEKLY. PROGRESS.

That's a big goal. I gained during week 2, I don't get in enough cardio either. This week's plan. Stick to the menu. Do not deter! Or at the very least pick a HEALTHY alternative. I missed the workout this morning. I apparently did not sleep very well last night and it was hard to get up. After my client tonight while dinner is cooking I will attempt to motivate myself into a quick cardio workout. Whilst finishing laundry. LOL...yay! Modern, first world problems.

Alright everyone. I hope you have had a great Monday.
Blessings,
A

Comments