Welcome to Your 30's: A New Game Plan

I'm tired of fighting against my body to do what I want it to do. Lose fat. What I do know though is that what worked for me in my 20's is no longer serving me in my 30's. I have been pouring over the Better Everyday episodes with Sarah Fargosso and Dr. Brooke.

I realized through some of these episodes what I'm actually doing is trying to chase perfection. Holy crap. I mean...I thought I was doing it for the health of it, but I was stressing myself out about what I was and wasn't eating, how much I did and didn't weigh. How I wasn't living up to my own "standards" or really the standards I thought I should be living up to.

I'm refocusing my efforts. Come this September Iron Woman and I will be running our 2nd ever Marathon. I so badly want to have a better performance than my first marathon. (Along with a two time marathoner bragging rights) However I do not want to over train to the point of putting my hormones in peril.

In order to focus on my goals and get my hormones and body back on track I downloaded  Dr. Brooke's Guide to Exercise for Hormones. It's a free link to a 56 plus page booklet, that goes over the best way to train for different hormone problems. She even covers different strength exercises that are beneficial to women of all ages. In the later half of the booklet she covers peri-menopause as well as menopause.
It's a quick read, I was able to start and finish it today and I pulled a ton of useful information from of it.

Focusing on my specific hormone needs- which include PCOS, hypothyroidism, and potentially low cortisol- I need to focus on dialing in my carb count, reduce my metabolic stress (aka less running...for now!), skipping HIIT workouts. Strength training is the biggest part of her plan focusing on high weight, low repetitions. Lastly, plenty of rest!

For me specifically the next 12 weeks will be spent like this:

*Dialing in my carb count. Carbs are not evil, but for my insulin resistance and PCOS I have to control mine. I will be maintaining anywhere between 90-120g in carbs. That's my sweet spot of weight loss but also to feel satisfied after eating. I will of course, add more carbs once I reach maintenance.

* 1 yoga session weekly

*4 Strength Training Days - I am back to following the Female Training Bible (If you download the app the workout templates are free - not the entire plan.)

Workout Schedule this week::
Monday: Murph Training 4 rounds of 5 pull ups, 10 push ups, 15 body weight squats/ run half mile before and after, ad in ABS
Tuesday: Day 4 of Female Training Bible
Wednesday: Yoga
Thursday: Day 5 of Female Training Bible
Friday: Rest
Saturday: This Saturday is the Trek Up the Tower - I will be completing 800+ steps or 1 mile straight up. It was fun last year! I look forward to it again this year.  I would like to finish in a shorter time frame, but I haven't as well this year as I did last, so we'll see how it goes! I'm going to bring my knee brace and my determination.
Sunday: Complete Rest, just get steps in.  (6,000)

General flow will be: strength training Monday, Tuesday. Wednesday Yoga + Foam Roll. Thursday Strength train, Friday Rest, Saturday strength train, Sunday rest plus steps.

Weekly Goals: 
*I will attempt to have 1 anti-inflammtory smoothie a week. I'm going to continue with my beet smoothies as well as attempt a turmeric smoothie. I'll let you know if I nail it or fail it 😄😂
*Take my vitamins, supplements, and medications.
* Don't miss any meals!
*Drink plenty of water - 8 cups or 64 oz minimum
*A much earlier bedtime. (Well...earlier for me...some of you are crazy pants and go to bed at like 8pm...and get up at 4am. Gross!)
*I am cutting back on my drinking too. I love wine and it does have some health benefits, but not as friendly for my PCOS. I will cut back to 1 glass of wine a week on Sunday nights while watching the Walking Dead with the man and our friends.
*I am going to continue the gratitude lists and prayers I started a few weeks ago
And
*Lastly, I want to make 1 meal a day plant based or rather protein-plant based. Right now my Vega Shakes are working out great, but I will also keep you posted on this progress as well.

My goals this week for my blog are to tell you about ALL the supplements I'm taking as well as supply you with some more recipes, especially those plant based ones.

Thank you again friends for stopping by! I've had a lot of fun learning and ready today. I took 5 pages worth of notes today so I will definitely have more to share. (Although...it's like a quarter size of a standard paper...so maybe just like 2 pages of notes? LOL)



Anyway,
With love and many blessings,
A

Comments