Monday Motivation: Dealing with Disappointment

No surprise that I had way too many treats last week. Wednesday through Sunday. Plus the man and I didn't plan Saturday very well and we had to have gas station breakfast which for me consisted of a Starbucks grande plus 1 cup of grapes and a small bag lightly salted almonds.

I knew when I went to weigh myself on Sunday I was going to be a little disappointed. I know I haven't been sticking to my goals as well. However this Sunday I decided to look at things differently. I wasn't going to let the setback slow me down. In truth the weigh in wasn't nearly as bad as I thoughts but overall I was hoping for a little more of a loss. I wanted to figure out what habits I needed to change this upcoming week to stick with my goal.

The 80/20 chart I posted last week has helped me restructure my meals and plan more treats. Clearly 1 big treat on Sundays isn't keeping me pumped enough. I've decided to break down my weekly treats into 3 nights. Tuesday. Thursday, and Sunday nights.
No particular reason but hoping the evenly spaced treats will keep me a little more focused. I thought it was pretty apopro that my weekly review in my fitbook said "choose to bounce back quickly. Success is not determined by circumstance, but rather by your response."

I feel like I am on a constant wheel of starting and stopping this health journey of mine. I have days sometimes weeks when I fall off, but I haven't stopped trying. When I started my Fitbook 3 weeks ago I actually weighed less! Ha! Not by much, but I can see where the effort paid off and where it clearly went off the rails.
The days/weeks that I didn't write down my goals, or pay attention to my body were the weeks I would gain weight, lose sleep, and stress eat. On the weeks I lifted more, made that effort at the gym, the weight came off, and I had more energy.
I also started taking measurements of my hips and stomach, as it doesn't always matter what you weigh, especially while lifting.

I'm going to use the past 10 weeks to help build a better 10 weeks. I'm going to let my unbridled snacking turn into fuel for better snack days this week. 

The key to dealing with the set back, is to keep moving forward.


 Thanks for stopping by everyone. Keep moving forward. See you back here tomorrow.
Blessings,
A

Comments