Thursday Meal Plan

This week I have been much better about following my diet. With the exception of some sugar last night, I'd say I'm doing pretty good. I think the 80/20 Rule is what applies here.


As a friend reminded me a few weeks ago, it's important to not beat ourselves up when we have the occasional snack. Being a visual person the above graph helped put the 80/20 rule into perspective for me. 

I also like planning out treats for myself. It kind of gives me something delicious to look forward to when I'm up to my eyeballs in cooked spinach. 

This week, I am having a lot of repeats. Which can get kind of boring after awhile but everything has be scrumptious!

For breakfast: 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (pro tip - wash your quinoa before you cook it, that will get rid of the bitter taste) plus 1/4 cup of cooked spinach + 2 eggs or 1 cup egg whites (the egg choice depended on my mood really.) Left over Grain-Free pancakes (I added chocolate chips to mine!) + 1 cup egg whites & 1/4 cup of cooked spinach.

Lunch: I had whole 30 buffalo ranch chicken + 1 cup broccoli - 3 days,
 1 left over chicken tenderloins plus saute spinach and tomatoes.
Today I had a new frozen meal from Wal*Mart, it's from Grandcestors 
Now this was good! A lot better than some of the other Paleo frozen meals I've tried before. It had great texture, looked like real food, plus it was VERY filling. It was the Colorado Hash which states on the box that it will become your "stick to your ribs" favorite.
It also had a hilarious quip on the back...


Step 2: The film will expand (and momentarily freak you out that it will explode), then will self vent & reheat your food evenly.
They were not kidding, it was perfectly cooked throughout. I don't typically buy frozen meals, for cost reasons, but if I need too, I will definitely be buying this again.

Dinner: 2 Deconstructed BBQ Cabbage Roll, it was good...but...my tummy has been kind of fighting against beef the last two weeks. (YAY! Sensitivities!)

TMI ALERT.

This cracks me up...it could have been the sugar but two weeks in a row of left over beef...maybe I need to start freezing it before I reheat and serve? We'll see how it goes. This is why I eat largely Paleo though. If I stick to a paleo diet I have a lot less stomach issues. Hip hip hooray for happy guts! Full disclosure, it could also be the way I prepared it...you never thought you would learn so much about my regularity schedule did you? Enjoy.

Onto the rest of the dinner menu: Grain Free pancakes + egg whites, Chicken tender loins + broccoli and tomatoes.

That's basically my Monday through Friday menu plan. I have ideas for this weekend that come straight out of the Against all Grain book, but both are beef recipes.

Alright friends, thanks for stopping by to read all about my stomach issues. 😂
Eat your vegetables, but don't forget to treat yourself!
Blessings,
A
P.s. I have not messed around with any new smoothie recipes this week, but I will keep you posted if I am able to with next week's meal plan. 

Comments