Self Love Wednesday

It still amazes how sometimes God sends love ahead of heartache. He sees the road ahead and knows that I will need a buffer or hug before the heartache begins.
It started last week with a well timed gift and a few instagram posts.

I was reading one of Better by Doctor Brooke's Instagram posts, about how deciding when to skip a workout could be a guilt ridden road of self doubt and discouragement. She ultimately decided and remembered that it's about the whole, not one piece. As Dr. Brooke said "It's the long game." She goes onto ask are you making working out part of your weekly habit or a part of your life that you follow through on? If so, she recommends choosing grace over guilt. If exercising isn't a habit yet, problem solve and make it a habit!

I missed my workout today. I had a good drive going through my lunch hours the past two weeks, however the drive to my gym is a little over 12 mins both ways. Which makes for a short but focused workouts. Which means if I get off of a call with a problem account just a few minutes late...it throws my schedule out of whack. I wasn't able to go after work due to my part time gig either. I told myself "go for walk after your client." Holy Hannah...that didn't happen either. I just barely got my 5,000 steps in today, but I am choosing grace over guilt for missing a workout. Reminding my self- it's about the long game.

The second beautiful God wink that happened was this quote sent to me by a friend.


Accepting your body as it is now. I've said it plenty of times, we can't hate ourselves skinny. I am trying something again this week. I am only going to weigh myself once a week. Sundays are my weigh-in/weekly wrap up day. So I can reflect on what worked for my body and what didn't. I am choosing gratitude more often over self-contempt. I am working on loving myself and changing my mindset to focus on love and strength.
~*~
Late last week I noticed another Instagram post by a very dear friend. I crushed on her on this Woman Crush Wednesday post about 2 years ago; and if you read that post...the reasons why I still love her are all still here.
She is my check in partner when the darkness of pain start to take over my heart. R. Diddy, is also incredibly hysterical.

This is the kind of stuff she sends me!


A few days ago she uploaded a photo when the dreaded winter blues dragged on for literally everyone in the Midwest...she posted a lovely reminder that YOU MATTER.


I'm a bit of a sucker for rubber wrist bands... it's bad...lol I have about 15 and most of them are on my gym bag...I'll have to upload a picture later...


Anyway...being a sucker for rubber wrist bands and being a person who needs visual reminders, I loved her encouragement and accessory immediately. I posted a comment asking where she got it.
Next thing I know, I find a lovely little letter in my rusty old mail box from her beautiful soul.


I needed this reminder as the pain of heartbreak threatened me today. Pain is a part of life, but remembering that I am loved, that I matter, makes all the difference in the world.
If you needed a reminder today...this is it. You matter. Your life matters.
Grace over guilt.
Be well my beautiful, lovely friends, and sleep well.
Blessings,
A

P.s. This was a video the Man was watching tonight on YouTube...what the heck...talk about timing.

Comments