1 Inflamed and Empty Colon Later

Not gonna lie...I thought about trying to create a different title for tonight's blog post...buttttt that's all I'm gonna talk about tonight. So, Enjoy! Ha!

Remember that pain in my side I talked about last week? It got worse. By Friday night, I was in so much pain I could hardly eat, and I ALWAYS love to eat. It was a hot burning pain. By Saturday morning it had been a full 48 hours since I had filed some paperwork at the office. (Doing your business, is going #2 in the bathroom, paperwork is well...toilet paper...I think you see where this is going.) (P.s. I'm pretty sure you all know about my "regularity" as much as my doctor does! LOL)
I went to urgent care. Her best advice, since I wasn't showing signs of an infection, was to avoid food with seeds, and drink lots of water. My mother the nurse, advised that I immediately needed to be on a liquid and soft food diet for 48hrs. Basically their best guess was that my colon had become inflamed due to a popcorn kernel. (I had been consuming popcorn a few times a week.)

I was able to clear out my system Saturday night. In the company of 1 poor cat who dared to be caught in the same room as me. However, the cat got me back, because apparently SHE COULD REACH THE DOORKNOB AND TOUCH IT. I was petrified whens he started to tap it. I started to assume she knew a secret trick to get the door open and I would be exposed for all the world to see. (By all the world, I mean my sister in law...and possibly my oldest nephew.)

NOOO!! DON'T OPEN THE DOOR!


The relief of endorphins that flooded my system afterwards was glorious. The goal line was now to have a normal bowel movement. Another 24hrs later of more soft foods and liquid, my mother rejoiced when I sent her a text message of the shape and size. Apparently a level 3 is a good number? 
Flash to today. I've added a few more solid foods back to my diet, but it's slow going. My side still hurts some, but my mother said that was due to the trauma it's been through. I basically put my colon through a marathon then slammed into a break wall. If my side isn't healed by my doc appointment on the 17th, I will more than likely have to get a CT scan. 

So, why do I share this story with you? It's important to pay attention to your body. After two and half days of an easy diet I knew there would be no way I would be able to complete 14 rounds of the murph tonight. I did complete a 5min power walk, quarter mile jog, walk, jog, walk. Close to a mile. 
It was all I could handle after not having enough fuel from real food. 

Lastly. I was freaking out because I wanted to complete my lifting schedule and knew this would set me back. However, it's more important to heal internally than to try and look stellar externally. Check out livestrong for some healthy ways to help heal your colon. I also realized the days I miss this week, I can tack on to the end of my schedule. No missed days! Just...later...days? Also, I don't have a lifting schedule picked out for end of May, so moving these days to the back will help with that! 

Be flexible. Know what your body can and can't with stand. Don't be afraid to push boundaries, but do know that if it's a sharp pain that has you doubled over. Time to seek professional help. Know when to rest. Most importantly though... keep moving forward. 

Blessings friends, thanks for stopping and reading my adventures! 
A

Comments