Cauliflower The transforming Magical Vegetable

(No rants today...yay! Just a yummy new recipe & A much happier me!)

I was on a quest to spend the morning in the kitchen! Well the portion of it that I could before I dashed off before a chair massage event and another Run Happy Hour.

After my rant(s) the other day, I got down to business and made condiments! I am going to be one of those "travels with food" people when I go places, haha!

I made BBQ Sauce on Friday. I did go back and add about a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar then cook it over the stove top.

There is another recipe I have been on my toes waiting to try, and while I was slaving away in the kitchen this morning I decided to finally get to the this awesome recipe... Spaghetti Squash with Alfredo Sauce. 

I had it for lunch and it was SOOO YUMMY! You have GOT to try this recipe. It is incredibly labor intensive though, so it's best served or whipped up over your weekend.






Ingredients:
2 cups almond milk
1 head of cauliflower
1 spaghetti squash
1 red bell pepper
1/2 of a small white onion
4 boneless skinless chicken tenders (IF you want to add animal protein)
2 tsp basil
2 tsp thyme
2 tsp parsley
4 tbsp of minced garlic 
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
2 tbsp of olive oil (use to cover squash) 
 

(Divide seasonings in half. 1 tsp each to cover the squash and 1tsp to add to the cauliflower sauce) 
 

I roasted the squash by putting the oven on 400 degrees. Cut the squash in half. Drizzle with olive oil and seasonings of choice. I used parsley and basil.
Cook split side down for 20mins. Then flip the squash right side up and cook for another 20mins.

While the squash is baking, chop a red bell pepper and white onion. You'll want about a 1/2cup of each. (You can also toss in tomatoes, mushrooms, whatever you usually like with spaghetti and Alfredo sauce, white onions)

For the Alfredo sauce, chop and boil 1 whole head of cauliflower. Boil for 5-8mins. Put boiled & chopped cauliflower in a blender add 1 cup of almond milk, as well as any seasonings you might like with an Alfredo sauce.
I added thyme, parsley, minced garlic, and a little chopped onion, salt, and pepper. (Blend together until smooth and creamy.)

Clean Green Simple, where I got the recipe calls for Nutritional yeast...I have yeast but wasn't sure if it was Nutritional or not...I left mine out. The yeast gives it the cheesy flavor you would normally get with a typical Alfredo sauce. I had to skip it this round, which, in honesty did leave my "mock" Alfredo sauce slightly bland. She also recommended using pink Himalayan salt as well, sounds incredibly interesting but I do not have any on hand at this time...Maybe next time!

Her site is great, so goes over why all of her ingredients are important and how they impact your health. Check it out! I really enjoyed my lunch today. I had enough to make two total servings.
I still have left over sauce & squash but it was so good.

I did also add grilled and seasoned chicken tenders for the Protein balance.

After squash is done baking scoop out insides with a fork and serve on a plate. (Dish out how much you would like the put the rest in an air tight container). Top with red peppers, onions, and grilled chicken and enjoy!!

If anyone knows of any brands of nutritional yeast & what stores carry them, please! Please! Let me know!! I really want to add it to my recipe, it's probably the only that will make it taste better, which is legitimately already an amazing recipe.

Alright everyone, I'll be back tomorrow with a Mindful Monday post...(Switching it up this week!)

Enjoy! Hope everyone has a good week!

Blessings,







Comments