I guess you could say I like pancakes

I was in the mood for pancakes but getting back on my low carb train I needed something filling but not high in carbs.

I've made protein pancakes before, but this time I was using Vega Powder, and didn't have pumpkin puree to add to it.

Here's my "mini" list of pancake creations & web inspired goodness

Almond Raspberry Pancakes from PCOS Diva
The original Protein Pancake
Pumpkin Protein Pancake
Cinnamon and coconut Pancakes from Nom Nom Paleo-these are really good...this would be my second favorite next too the Almond Raspberry Pancakes.
21 DSD Pumpkin Pancakes (sans the protein powder)
Nanacakes

And today's 7th wonder of the pancake creation & web inspired goodness is brought to you by me! This is an all orginal creation!

Chocolate Protein Pancakes (Elvis would really like this kind. He was known for his fried peanutbutter and banana sandwhiches. I think I'll call this the Elvis Pancake.

Elvis Pancakes!

Ingredients::
1 scoop Chocolate Vega Protein Powder (Or any type of protein powder)
1/2 of a ripe banana (use a fork to mash)
3 small egg whites

Use fork to mix until well combined. I used a griddle, turned up to 375degrees, I would recommend this way as pan cooking pancakes almost NEVER works out for me.

Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup I poured the batter on the hot griddle (I did not use any type of oil or
butter to fry these in)


Wait until bubbling. Use a spatula to check to see if other side is done, then flip.


Wait another 2-3 minutes before pancakes are completely done. I topped mine with Naturally More Peanut butter, and egg whites on the side,


Not exactly a picture of perfection, but good none-the-less!

Alright everyone I am off! I'll be back this weekend!
Blessings, 
A

Comments